Add a wiki to your course/module
Wikis are collaborative web pages that you can add to your module if you want students to:
• Collaborate and share knowledge around a specific topic.
• Demonstrate collective teamwork for a group project.
• Demonstrate the planning stages and early drafts of an individual assignment.
You can create wikis at course, group, and individual level.
- Go to the module you want to add a wiki to and Turn editing on.
- Scroll down to the section you want to add the wiki to and select Add an activity or resource.
- Search for the Wiki activity from the list and select it. This will bring you to a screen where you can add a name, a description, and select other settings for your wiki. You can choose whether the wiki is collaborative (students will work together) or individual (students will work on their own).
- Make sure you add a meaningful First page name, as this cannot be changed once the wiki has been created.
- Check the other settings and make changes as you see fit. If you are unsure of any, you can leave them as the default.
- Once you are done, select Save and display.
- Next, select Create page and add any useful information to help the students get started. You can also add additional new pages by adding double square brackets around their titles.
- When you are done adding information, you can preview your work and select Save.
For more information on wikis, see the following article or video: Wiki activity.