Add an Override to a Quiz
It’s easy to configure your Moodle quizzes to allow individuals or groups to access them at different times or for different amounts of time. This can be useful if you want to open and close a quiz at different times for class groups or sections, or if you want to accommodate extra time for quiz attempts.
- Open the quiz you want to add the override to.
2. Click the gear icon at the top right of the page then select User overrides. If you put students into a group, you can also use the Group overrides option.
3. On the page that opens, click the Add user override button. Then you’ll be on the user override settings page.
4. Select the student or group you want to add an override for from the user dropdown.
5. You can specify the open and close dates, the time limit, and the number of attempts allowed. Check the Enable checkbox next to the settings you want to change (if they’re grayed out). These changes will only apply to the student or group you’ve specified in step 4.
6. Click Save.
7. You’ll see the overrides you just added in the list of overrides.