How can I change my profile details and display picture?
Your Moodle profile displays information about you to other Moodle users. You update your profile and your profile image. It is also worth checking your time zone is accurate, as this may affect when you can access scheduled events such as quizzes or assignments.
To edit your profile:
- Step 1: Click on the User Menu/Image icon located in the top right of the screen
- Step 2: Select Profile from the dropdown menu
- Step 3: Next click on the cog or gear icon and then under User Details click Edit profile.
- Step 4: Edit the fields you wish to update including your User Picture or image.
- Step 5: Click Update Profile to save your changes and view your updated profile.
The video below provides a demonstration of these steps.
Note: Profile picture:
- Your photograph will be cropped & resized automatically to 100 by 100 pixels
- If your name is not displayed correctly, please contact the ITD Helpdesk (ITSS@ul.ie) to change it for you. Your information is being pulled from SAA. You cannot change this field yourself.